Friday, February 25, 2011

Practicum!

Hello Everyone!

Sorry this post won't be very long, but I wanted to give a quick update on what I'll be doing for the month of March as well as post some pictures. All of us in the group will be going on Practicum for the month of March and we leave today! Two of the girls will be traveling to Laos, two will be in Cambodia, and then four of us will be in Chiang Rai, 3 hours north of where we are right now. Two of the girls will be working with and NGO called Mekong Minority Foundation, and then Amanda and I will be working with 2 different children's homes. We will be working with the staff to put together profiles for each of the kids so that they can use them to raise support. We will also most likely be teaching some English lessons and maybe some art classes. I'm ready to have some time outside of the classroom and be able to play with kids :)



Thanks for all of your prayers and I will let you know in April how everything went! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...
Some of the girls planting rice
Tiffany and I in Chiang Mai
Tiffany, Brittini and I made t-shirts for the Lahu boys soccer team and we went to cheer them on. I'm the crooked "L"

No comments:

Post a Comment