Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DC Orientation

I've successfully made it to DC! The girls that I'm going to Thailand with are absolutely wonderful. We're going to have a great time. Tonight for dinner Go-ED took everyone out to dinner at a Thai restaurant, which was ironic, and we all stuffed ourselves with satay with peanut sauce, pad thai, penang currry, num tuk, som tum, spicy eggplant, dumplings, tom kha soup, tilapia, and thai iced tea. The thai iced tea is thai tea with condensed milk so it's pretty sweet, but delicious! I think my favorite dish was the satay with the peanut sauce which was chicken on skewers that you dipped in a peanut sauce. Granted, it wasn't the most authentic Thai food, but it gave me a taste of what to expect, and I have to say, I definitely won't go hungry while I'm there!

I have no idea what the rest of orientation holds, but just being here with all the girls is making me so excited to travel. We leave DC at 11 am Friday morning and it sounds as if I might have pretty regular free internet access while we're in Thailand. God is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment